VISION, MISSION & VALUES
To understand the brain, in health and illness, to improve lives and achieve societal impact.
Brain Canada is achieving its vision by:
- Increasing the scale and scope of funding to accelerate the pace of Canadian brain research;
- Creating a collective commitment to brain research across the public, private and voluntary sectors; and
- Delivering transformative, original and outstanding research programs.
- Connecting with purpose.
- “One brain”. Seeking to understand different brain functions and dysfunctions as part of a single interconnected system.
- Partnerships. Building mutually beneficial and transparent relationships with every partner.
- Diverse perspectives and approaches. Fostering original insights and outcomes.
- Outcome focused. Delivering value and benefits with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Professional integrity. Ensuring the highest standards of ethical behaviour and good governance.